Thursday, January 8, 2009

$6.78

When one is unemployed, one tends to be a smarter shopper (at least I hope so). So as David and I are currently unemployed we have been shopping at a second hand store here in Lynden. We have both shopped at stores similar to this throughout the years but never for "big purchases". Now looking at all the stuff we have got at a ridiculous price, I wonder if I can ever pay full price on certain items again.

The title 6.78 is what we spent yesterday on 14 books and this awesome coffee table-cabinet thing. It has a painted checker/chess board on top (which david will repaint), and came with all the pieces.

The "big" purchase we did make was David's new recliner chair (which I still have a little apprehension towards). But he loves it so we got it. We were about to get one in a lot worse condition but when we brought the tag to the counter we were informed that everything was half price (nothing like a half price sale at a second hand store). So we splurged and got the more expensive one (which at half price was pretty cheap).

1 comment:

hjw said...

AWE. SOME.

And, uh, the link to my blog is still wrong.

Hope all is well!!!