Tuesday, March 10, 2009

What a Tuesday

I told myself if I did not feel better today (from that wonderful car incident my husband and I had) that I was going to go to the doctors. So off I went to St. Josephs urgent care where I waited not too long to see a doctor. And by the end of the visit I had; prescriptions painkillers for my whiplash, which the doc suggested I wear a neck brace (which I declined), a note off from work for another day (even though he suggested I stay home this whole week) and another note saying I was not allowed to lift more than 5 lbs for 10 days, and anti-biotics for the pneumonia he informed me I have.

Then I was off to the insurance company to talk about my claim, and then got the final word that our wonderful Saturn is totalled. Its problems consisted of but not limited to - airbags, front body frame, air-conditioning, radiator, glass, tire, headlights and some other parts. But the good news is we are getting some money back! David has already started the search for a new car, which hopefully this time last us longer than 14 months.

Then as my cousin Jenna and I watched a movie (for those of you who didn't already know my cousin has moved in with us) I got a phone call from my boss saying that I was not allowed to step foot back at my work until I was medically cleared of all restrictions. Basically meaning I cant go to work for the next 1-2 weeks.
And I think that about covers it.
Whiplash, pneumonia, painkillers, totalled car, insurance settlement, and no work. And that is how I spent my Tuesday and it is only 5 pm.

2 comments:

Joel and Amy said...

What a day!!! I will be praying for you! Hope you feel better and can at least try to relax the next 2 weeks.

Lots of love,
Amy

hjw said...

I was goign to leave a long comment, but I've decided to write you a long email instead. Check your email ....